Here is a checklist of what you should do……..
- Immediately report water, fire, trauma, mold, soot damage to your insurance agent.
- Call a certified restoration company to secure your property and to mitigate damages. Your insurance company may provide names and phone numbers of referrals. You are not obligated to use a specific company. ServiceMaster Restore is a full service restoration company; from the initial clean-up to the re-construction process.
- Document damage with photographs and a list of affected items.
- Be cautious of the possible contaminants in the affected environment and contents.
- Turn off any electrical items that may be in or near the affected area.
- Do not allow children, pets or elderly in the affected areas.
- Keep your doors and windows closed.
- Do not attempt to clean soot, smoke, and sewer damaged areas with any liquid. Your cleaning could set the soot or contaminant and cause additional damage.
- Do not touch items without gloves. Oils in your hands can permanently set soot causing irreversible damage.
- Do not enter the affected areas. Make sure children and pets do not enter the affected areas.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when on the scene and during repair process. The air can be contaminated, debris may be throughout the premises and overhead dangers may be present.
- Once we come out and start the mitigation process, we will work with you on assessing damages to your structure as well as your contents.
- Notify your ServiceMaster Restore® representative immediately of any concerns with items of high sentimental or real value. The rate of survival of items that receive immediate restoration attention can be much higher.
- ServiceMaster Restore® will, if needed, install equipment to dry-out the water affected structure.
- Do not turn off or move equipment without contacting ServiceMaster Restore® as well as any power failure issues.
ServiceMaster Restore is committed to Restoring Your Peace of Mind !